Mortgage Stress Handbook Website

Mortgage Stress Handbook website project went live in 3 day. The content came in as a word document on Wednesday morning and we had to go live on Friday. It was crazy. I did some research earlier and found a great tool to convert word document into website. I had to modify the template to comply with my company corporate style. I converted the word document and it created approximately 450 web pages. Nearly 60% of the work was done by this tool. We worked with the client to  finish the remaining 40% of work.

Pro about the tool

It builds the website from the word document with a menu in two clicks. Good if you have to build a website in 3 days or to do the initial hard work of content heavy website.

Con about the tool

The left menu is hard coded in each and every file. There is no include file. The template needs to be modified to follow w3 standards.

Tool 

Macrobject Word 2 Web Pro 2008 http://www.macrobject.com/en/word-2-web/

Advertisements

Diganta Kumar is an experienced Technical Program Manager with a passion for technology. He has architected and developed software for over a decade for a broad range of industries. Diganta is a founder of two online IT businesses. He likes to help, mentor, and manage software development teams to improve and produce great software. He currently works as a Principal Program Manager for Microsoft. Before joining Microsoft, he was with AWS for five years, where he managed large cross-functional programs on a global scale.

Posted in Web Projects

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.