1. Register and download Accessibility Kit for SharePoint (AKS) from https://aks.hisoftware.com/downloads/default.aspx.
2. Double click ‘AKSInstaller2.exe’ on the server.
3. The AKS Feature installs the Example Master pages and the Modified CSS. You must install this by selecting Install AKS Feature from the Start Menu: Start | All Programs | AKS by HiSoftware | AKS Feature install. Once the feature is installed, you will still need to activate it within your SharePoint application through: Site Settings | Site Collection Features. Please note if you are on a 64 Bit server please follow the 64 Bit instructions.
4. The ‘AKS Feature install’ did not work because the installer try to run the ‘install_AKSFEAT.bat’ file which is on the d drive and the installer is looking for ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\AKS’. Run the command manually.
5. Login to the Windows 2003 R2 MOSS web server with an account is in the Administrator, WSS_ADMIN_WPG , WSS_RESTRICTED_WPG, IIS_WPG and WSS_WPG groups of the MOSS web server. And is also the Primary Site Collection Administrator in Central Administration. Also that account need write access to ‘MOSS_Config’ database.
cd c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\bin\
stsadm.exe -o installfeature -name AKS -force
7. Once the feature is installed successfully, you will still need to activate it within your SharePoint application through: Site Settings | Site Collection Features.
8. On MOSS site go to Site Setting > Look and Feel > MasterPage.
9. Select the AKS_BlueBand.master, reset all subsites and select ‘/sites/PortalLAC/Style Library/AKS/Aks_Band_Blueband.css’ under Alternate CSS URL.
Note: For Windows 2008 server disabled User Account Control under User Accounts. There is another way to get around this without actually disabling User Account Control. Please run stsadm.exe as an administrator and you should be able to execute stsadm. You can also go into the properties of stsadm.exe and set it to run as an administrator.